- The machine is used for packing scrap foam into bales. It is made up of a 3-stage telescopic hydraulic cylinder with a pressure capacity of 25 tonnes.
The final bale (output) of the standard machine (can be built to any size) is 70x70x100cm. The weight of the bale is about 200kg depending on the type and density of foam that is to be used.
The operation is fairly simple:
- With the ejection door closed and secured, the pieces of scrap foam are loaded into the hopper until the hopper is full
- The hopper cover is closed and with the use of the hand-operated control, the foam pieces are fully compressed into the compression chamber
- Repeat this as many times as necessary in order to obtain the desired weight and/or size of the bale.
- The bale is strapped, the pressure chamber door is opened and with the aid of the hydraulic cylinder, the bale is ejected.
The expected production rate is 12 bales per an 8-hour shift.